Benefits of Mentoring – to Mentees
- Greater productivity, competence.
- Enhanced professional confidence.
- Reduced job-related stress.
- Better interpersonal relationships.
- Larger personal and professional network.
- Understanding of their career path.
Benefits of Mentoring – to Mentors
A mentoring program cannot succeed without experienced and reliable mentors, preferably coming back year after year. What motivates a senior executive or technical developer to spend up to four hours a month with a mentee?
- Giving time to help others – paying it forward.
- Developing mentor’s coaching and leadership skills.
- Extending professional and personal networks (mentor and mentee).
- New understanding on the most effective ways to work and knowledge of their own company or organization.
Key Value of Mentoring to Companies and Organizations
- Productivity gains.
- Leadership and career development.
- Diversity awareness and support.
- Retention improvement and staff satisfaction.
Published as a Mentoring Standard web page: 18 Sep 2015.
More: Research and Publications